Thursday, February 28, 2013

Just Another Day

Perhaps a day when your farm is flooded and icy is not the best day to attempt a rodeo. That is precisely what occurred earlier. After heavy rains left much of the property submerged, I decided to move a mini horse, Champ, to higher ground. On flat land there is no higher ground! I put him in with the herd and the boy went CRAZY!! His nostrils were flaring and his eyes were bugged like a weig...htwatchers class in a cookie store. Wild neighs and snorts echoed across the land. I decided it was not going to work but not before a female mini horse kicked him in the side. His wild excitement prevented aprehension for some time. I finally was able to rope him. It was like hooking a deapsea marlin and hanging on for a ride of a lifetime. Across the flooded pasture he went, pulling me with him. I finally dug in and determined that I would win this fight. In fact it was my words to him, "Champ, I always win!" That made all of the difference. I finally worked my rope around like a halter and muscled him back to where I wanted him. He had his breaks on several times. I increased my "horsepower" to overcome him. Finally, after unknown amounts of time and probably an exciting show for all of the neighbors, I WON!!! There is just one problem. My back lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment